Human Resource Director
WDEOC is a non-profit Community Action Agency dedicated to alleviating poverty-related conditions in western Wisconsin. Founded in 1966, we operate more than 20 unique programs for low-income families and individuals, including:
- Head Start & Early Head Start
- Homeless Services (Housing First, Homeless Shelters, Rapid Rehousing)
- Child Care Partnership (Resource & Referral, YoungStar, Food Program)
- WHEAP Energy Assistance
- Weatherization & Home Rehab
- Fresh Start (Youth Development)
- Business Development (Women's Business Center)
- RSVP Volunteer Program (Volunteer Caregivers, Birthday Boxes, Weekend Food 4 Kids)
- Transportation Programs (Work-n-Wheels, Paratransit Certification)
We're hiring a Human Resource Director to help manage the affairs of a complex organization with 170 employees and yearly funding of approximately $18 million. The Human Resource Director will supervise the Human Resources Assistant and is a member of our senior administrative team. Job duties include:
- Partnering with senior leadership to understand the agency’s goals and strategies related to staffing, recruiting, and retention
- Administering human resource programs, including benefits, leaves, HR policy and procedures, training, development
- Manage disciplinary matters and employee relations
- Managing safety and health compliance
- Monitoring organizational compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations
- Serving as the agency Affirmative Action/Civil Rights Compliance coordinator
- Aligning the Human Resource strategic plan with operation goals, CSBG organizational standards, ROMA goals, and other funding directives
This position requires a Bachelor's Degree in human resources, business administration, or a related field. A minimum of five years of human resource management is required, and supervisory experience is preferred. SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP is highly preferred. This position is based out of our main office in Independence, WI, and requires regular travel to our office in Eau Claire and throughout our four-county service area.
The starting salary is $62,000 to $75,000 based on experience. We offer a complete benefit package, including:
- Health, dental and life insurance
- 401(k) plan with up to a 6% match (employee contributes 3%, WDEOC contributes 6% for a 9% total)
- Vacation (starting at two weeks; increasing to 6 weeks max)
- Personal leave (28 hours annually)
- Paid holidays (9 days each year)
- Sick leave (8 hours earned per month)
- Flexible work schedule with generous accommodations for family, school, and volunteer commitments
- Opportunities for continuing education, conferences, and classes
- WDEOC is a qualified employer under the federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program.
The application deadline is Friday, October 9th, 2020. To apply for this position:
This agency is an equal opportunity employer. WDEOC provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type: race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We pride ourselves on maintaining an inclusive and family-friendly work environment. Learn more about our organization at wdeoc.org.