Homeless Case Manager
Department: Housing & Family Services
Location: Eau Claire, WI
Starting Wage: $19.20 per hour
We are hiring a full-time Homeless Case Manager at our Eau Claire, WI office located on 418 Wisconsin Street. We are looking for an others-focused, creative individual who also understands the causes, needs, and challenges of the homeless population. Applicants must also be able to multi-task, possess strong communication (both verbal and written) and customer service skills, be detailed oriented, be comfortable working with the general public (in person and over the phone), and have excellent computer skills.
The Homeless Case Manager is responsible for the provision of case management services to residents of our Emergency Shelters. Responsibilities include conducting needs assessments and formulating individual development plans; identifying and making referrals to other resources; serving as a clearinghouse for homeless referrals to the City of Eau Claire, serving as an advocate for the homeless; provision of appropriate counseling services and follow-up activities; assistance in identifying and securing permanent housing; managing occupancy and physical maintenance of the emergency shelters; coordinating services with agency programs and other organization; developing and maintaining reports and files, entering all data into Clarity, and maintaining a high level of data quality within the statewide HMIS system.
This position requires a bachelor’s degree in Human Services or related field or at least four years’ experience in social work, counseling, or related field. Previous experience working with individuals with mental illness and programs in a case management capacity (minimum one year) required. Applicant must also be knowledgeable concerning the social service delivery system, human service agencies, and other resources available to the homeless.
The starting salary is $19.20 per hour based on experience. Licenses, Certifications, Authorizations Required Must have a valid driver’s license Must have an insured vehicle Must meet Western Dairyland’s insurability requirements. Applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
We offer a complete benefits package including:
Vacation, personal leave, holidays, sick leave
- 120 hours of annual vacation
- 28 hours of personal time off
- 11 paid holidays during the school year
- Sick leave accrued at 0.04615 hours per hour worked
- approximately 8 hours of sick leave per month for full-time employees
- maximum accrued sick leave of 480 hours
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability agency paid
401(k) plan with up to a 6% match
Employees can contribute immediately. After 1 year of employment, the agency will contribute between 3 and 6 percent, dependent on the employee's contribution.
- 90% premiums covered for individual coverage
- 75% premiums covered for additional coverage needed
- $3,750 deductible reimbursement for individuals and up to $6,500 reimbursed for family deductibles
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts for both Health and Dependent Care
- Single $34.92 per month
- Family $103.04 per month
- Employee Assistance Program - fully paid
- Basic Life Insurance - fully paid (plus additional group coverage amounts)
- Flexible work schedule with generous accommodations for family, school, and volunteer commitments
- Opportunities for continuing education, conferences, and classes
- Employees have access to our Discount Marketplace
- WDEOC is a qualified employer under the federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program.
This position is open until filled. To apply for this position:
Minorities are strongly encouraged to apply. This agency is an equal opportunity employer.