Housing First Case Manager
Department: Homeless Services
Location: Eau Claire
At Western Dairyland E.O.C. Inc., we believe in what we do. People matter. Homeless people matter. There are people in Eau Claire who don’t have a roof over their head. Or a door that locks. Or their own private restroom. We don’t think that’s the way things should be, and we are doing our best to change it.
Western Dairyland E.O.C. Inc. is a non-profit Community Action Agency working to alleviate poverty-related conditions in west-central Wisconsin. Our recently expanded Housing First program is hiring a full-time Case Manager to work with chronically homeless clients in the city of Eau Claire.
The Housing First Case Manager will work as part of a tight-knit team, providing services to chronically homeless households with disabilities in Eau Claire, Wisconsin. The case manager will assist households with securing permanent housing and provide on-going case management services, which may include budgeting, life skills, transportation, referrals, crisis intervention, and advocacy for clients.
A successful candidate will be able to:
- demonstrate and develop significant trust with clients while maintaining strong boundaries,
- assist clients who are willing to break the cycle of homelessness,
- provide individualized client support by helping those willing to develop a plan to address barriers, increase income, and maintain permanent housing,
- identify local landlords to secure housing units, negotiate rental rates, and maintain landlord relationships,
- be a highly motivated self-starter, have the ability to prioritize tasks, and manage a complex array of needs,
- work with other agencies/programs to advocate for the clients.
A successful applicant should have:
- an understanding of all areas related to homelessness, substance abuse, and mental health,
- experience in problem-solving skills, communication and conflict resolution skills,
- an understanding of community resources,
- passion and motivation for helping the homeless population,
- experience with Microsoft Office is necessary, and Service Point (the Wisconsin Homeless Management Information System database) is a definite plus,
- a degree in human services, social work, counseling, or a related field is preferred,
- reliable transportation and the ability to travel around Eau Claire.
Starting salary is $35,000 but may be negotiable based on qualifications. We offer a complete benefit package including health, dental and life insurance, 401(k) plan with up to a 6% match, paid time off and sick leave. Western Dairyland is a qualified employer under the federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program.
To apply for this position:
- complete an affirmative action form on our website
- send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The application deadline is March 30, 2019. This agency is an equal opportunity employer.