Location: Independence, WI
Starting Wage: $19.65
Our Weatherization Program is hiring two crew members for residential projects in Eau Claire, Buffalo, Trempealeau, Jackson, and Clark counties.
Our two-person crews are based out of Pigeon Falls and visit homes throughout our service area and perform a variety of weatherization services, including:
- Installing sidewall and attic insulation (primarily blown-in)
- Minor construction work
- Air sealing, weather-stripping & caulking
- Installing dryer vents and bathroom vents
- Site prep and cleanup
The standard schedule is four 10-hour days (Monday through Thursday) with the possibility of overtime. Applicants should have two years of practical experience or a technical degree in Residential Construction or a related field. A valid driver’s license is required. Must meet Western Dairyland's insurability requirements. Must be vaccinated against COVID-19.
The starting salary is $19.65 per hour based on experience.
We offer a complete benefits package including:
- Vacation, personal leave, holidays, sick leave
- 120 hours of vacation each year
- 28 hours of personal leave each year
- 11 paid holidays each year
- Sick leave accrued at 0.05709 hours per hour worked
- approximately 8 hours of sick leave per month
- maximum accrued sick leave of 480 hours
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability agency paid
- 401(k) Plan with up to 6% match
401(k) plan with up to a 6% match
Employees can contribute immediately. After 1 year of employment, the agency will contribute between 3 and 6 percent, dependent on the employee's contribution.
- 90% premiums covered for individual coverage
- 75% premiums covered for additional coverage needed
- $3,750 deductible reimbursement for individuals and up to $6,500 reimbursed for family deductibles
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts for both Health and Dependent Care
- Single $34.92 per month
- Family $103.04 per month
- Employee Assistance Program - fully paid
- Basic Life Insurance - fully paid (plus additional group coverage amounts)
- Flexible work schedule with generous accommodations for family, school, and volunteer commitments
- Opportunities for continuing education, conferences, and classes
- Employees have access to our Discount Marketplace
- WDEOC is a qualified employer under the federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program.
To Apply for this position:
1) Complete an affirmative action form on our website
2) Complete an online application at www.westerndairyland.org/jobs or send a cover letter and resume to Jeremiah Segerstrom Jeremiah.firstname.lastname@example.org at or Jennifer Olson at Jennifer.email@example.com.
The application deadline is Wednesday, November 9, 2022. Minorities are strongly encouraged to apply. This agency is an equal-opportunity employer.