Latest COVID-19 updates

The Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP)

The Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP) is a federal program that provides assistance to low-income families through the distribution of food available through the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA).

Western Dairyland operates the TEFAP program and provides supplemental food to food pantries in our service area of Eau Claire, Buffalo, Trempealeau and Jackson Counties. These pantries are open monthly and provide an emergency supply of food that should last a household two to three days. Many of the volunteers who run the food pantries come from Western Dairyland's RSVP Volunteer Program.

2020 Food Pantry Schedules

Hours and distribution procedures may have changed due to COVID-19. Please call your local food pantry for more information.

Cov sij hawm teev thiab cov txheej txheem faib pauv vim COVID-19. Thov hu rau lub chaw muag zaub mov hauv zos kom paub ntxiv.

Las horas y los procedimientos de distribucion pueden haber cambiado debido a COVID-19. Llame a su despensa de alimentos local para obtener mas informacion.

"No contact" or "Drive Thru Food Pantry" distribution will continue through September 30th, 2020. Please call your local food pantry for more information.


Any food program or soup kitchen who may be interested in joining The Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP) should contact Becca Elbert at or by phone at 715-836-7511 ext 1188. View the application to join TEFAP here: TEFAP Application

USDA Statement on Discrimination

The U.S. Department of Agriculture prohibits discrimination against its customers, employees and applicants for employment on the bases of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, gender identity, religion, reprisal, and where applicable, political beliefs, marital status, familial or parental status, sexual orientation, or all or part of an individual's income is derived from any public assistance program, or protected genetic information in employment or in any program or activity conducted or funded by the Department. (Not all prohibited bases will apply to all programs and/or employment activities.)

If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint form found online or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at the U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax at (202) 690-7442 or email at

Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339; or (800) 845-6136 (Spanish).

USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.

Food Pantries

If you have questions or need assistance, please contact your local food pantry:

St. Francis Food Pantry
1221 Truax Blvd.
Eau Claire, WI 54703
Phone: 715-839-7706

Buffalo County Food Pantry
(in St. John's Lutheran Church)
709 S Second Street
Alma, WI 54610
Phone: 608-685-4341 or 608-685-3223

Jackson County Food Pantry
Gebhardt School
411 Gebhardt Rd., Black River Falls
Phone: 715-896-3601

Trempealeau County Food Pantry
County Health Care Center
W20410 Highway 121
Whitehall, WI 54773
Phone: 715-200-1649 or 715-538-2397

Feed My People Food Bank
View listings of food pantries, community meal sites, and other hunger-relief agencies that Feed My People Food Bank distributes food to in west central Wisconsin.

Learn more about our events Need Help? Contact us today