AmeriCorps Member - Volunteer & Community Partnership Coordinator
Department: Chippewa Fresh Start YouthBuild
Location: Eau Claire & Chippewa Falls
This is a full-time (1700-hours; 36-40 hours/week), position as an AmeriCorps member of Western Dairyland Homeless Services Program & Fresh Start. Volunteer and Community Partnership Coordinator AmeriCorps Members are responsible for developing and strengthening community partnerships for their AmeriCorps Program including identifying partnerships for potential service projects and service-learning initiatives.
This position primarily works Monday through Friday from 8:00 am - 4:30 pm with occasional nights and weekends.
• Establish and maintain community partnerships to strengthen the Homeless Services/AmeriCorps Program
• Expand existing volunteer program for recruiting and managing volunteers for our Homeless and Housing First Program.
• Assist in developing volunteer program materials such as a policy and procedure manual; volunteer position descriptions; promotional flyers or brochures; and screening, training, and evaluation tools.
• Recruit volunteers. Outreach methods include extensive networking; presentations to faith, business, and/or community groups; staffing information booths at community events; and utilizing the media.
• Along with program staff, screen volunteers as necessary; procedures might include interviews, reference checks, and criminal background checks. • Develop and facilitate orientation and training for volunteers.
• Supervise non-AmeriCorps volunteers; develop and implement recognition activities for volunteers such as special events, awards, gifts, etc. • Maintain accurate records of volunteer participation.
• Develop community partnerships to support the volunteer or service-learning program.
• Expand service-learning opportunities and engage in program capacity building.
Must have a high school diploma or GED, have a valid driver’s license, vehicle insurance, be able to commit to a full year of AmeriCorps Service beginning September 1, 2021, and ending August 31, 2022, be a US Citizen, US National, or lawful permanent resident of the US. Desired education level: College Graduate
Volunteer and Community Partnership Coordinator AmeriCorps members receive a stipend, paid bi-weekly, of $600.00. Upon successful completion of service, members receive an education award of $6,195.00. Other benefits include student loan deferment, professional training, valuable networking opportunities, working with a dedicated team of AmeriCorps members and staff, and the opportunity to make a real difference.
There are two ways to apply
Option 1: Apply online at www.WesternDairyland.org/americorps
Option 2: Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
This position is open until filled.
Minorities are strongly encouraged to apply. This agency is an equal opportunity employer.