Head Start Teacher - Black River Falls
Department: Head Start
Location: Black River Falls
Starting Wage: $19.16 - $24.72
We're hiring a Teacher to work at the Black River Falls Head Start Center. Located at 905 Alder Street, the Black River Falls Head Start Center serves 34 children with full-day programming. This is a full-time, school-year position.
Head Start promotes school readiness of children under the age of five from low-income families by supporting their growth and development in a positive learning environment through comprehensive services, which include early learning, health, and family well-being. We're a mission-driven organization making a positive impact in our community since 1966.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education or a closely related field. A teaching license issued by the DPI is preferred.
The starting wage is $19.16-$24.72/hr per hour and may be negotiable based on experience and qualifications. This is a full-time, school-year position.
Western Dairyland is committed to employee wellness and work-life balance. We have implemented a four-day 36 hour workweek and paying our full-time employees for 40 hours!
We offer a complete benefit package including health, dental and life insurance, 401(k) plan with up to a 6% match, EAP, paid time off, sick leave, and annual performance-based wage increases of 4% to 6%. Western Dairyland is a qualified employer under the federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program. Head Start provides ongoing coaching and mentoring to support staff development.
Vacation, personal leave, holidays, sick leave
- Summers off
- 64 hours of vacation during the school year
- 20 hours of personal time off
- 8 paid holidays during the school year
- Sick leave accrued at 0.05709 hours per hour worked
- approximately 8 hours of sick leave per month for full-time employees
- maximum accrued sick leave of 480 hours
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability agency paid
401(k) plan with up to a 6% match
Employees can contribute immediately. After 1 year of employment, the agency will contribute between 3 and 6 percent, dependent on the employee's contribution.
- 90% of premiums covered for individual coverage
- 75% premiums covered for additional coverage needed
- $3,750 deductible reimbursement for individuals and up to $6,500 reimbursed for family deductibles
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts for both Health and Dependent Care
- Single $34.92 per month
- Family $103.04 per month
- Employee Assistance Program - fully paid
- Basic Life Insurance - fully paid (plus additional group coverage amounts)
- Flexible work schedule with generous accommodations for family, school, and volunteer commitments
- Opportunities for continuing education, conferences, and classes
- Employees have access to our Discount Marketplace
- WDEOC is a qualified employer under the federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program.
Complete an online application at wdHeadStart.org/jobs
Send a cover letter and resume to Jeremiah Segerstrom at Jeremiah.email@example.com or Jennifer Olson at Jennifer.firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is open until filled.
Minorities are strongly encouraged to apply. This agency is an equal-opportunity employer.