Family Resource Navigator
Department: Child Care Partnership
Location: Eau Claire
Starting Wage: $21.29/hour
Western Dairyland is launching new programming – Family Resources- and is looking to hire a Family Resource Navigator. The ideal candidate will live or have connections to Buffalo and/or Pepin County in Wisconsin.
This position requires an associate or bachelor’s degree, with core knowledge early care & education, human services, sociology, social services or related field. This is a full-time position at 36 hours/week. Starting wage is $21.29/hour negotiable based on experience.
Primary duties include:
- Help families identify & access community resources, build social connections & understand & find quality child care
- Support parents in preparing children for school through at-home early learning activities
- Build collaborative community partnerships and a continuum of care for family support services and parent education initiatives
- Participate in community initiatives and committees
- Plan & coordinate outreach events and family engagement activities
- Offer office hours for families to drop in or make an appointment for support
- Maintain contact with community-based organizations to ensure the accuracy of service referrals to ensure client needs are met.
- Facilitate evidence-informed parent education programs grounded in Protective Factors and strength-based.
- Offer parents the opportunity to contribute and build leadership skills through deeper levels of participation, such as co-facilitating or hosting activities, serving on committees or boards, or providing peer support to other parents.
- Develop flyers, posters, social media content, and other print materials as needed to promote programs.
- Write content for a parent newsletter
- Facilitate community presentations promoting services
- Use established forms to collect demographic information, participant feedback, and family pre/post assessments.
- Prepare reports and submit them by the established due date
- Create and maintain data collection systems as needed to comply with funding sources.
- Possess a strong sense of customer service
- Ability to make informed & immediate decisions or who to contact for support
- Possess excellent listening skills
- Be accurate and detail-oriented
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate competent skills as it relates to case management entry
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Function well in an office, vehicle, or business environment during any given workweek
Western Dairyland is committed to employee wellness and work-life balance. We have implemented a four-day 36 hour workweek and pay our full-time employees for 40 hours!
We offer a complete benefits package including health, dental and life insurance, 401(k) plan with up to a 6% match, EAP, paid time off, and sick leave. Western Dairyland is a qualified employer under the federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program. We provide ongoing coaching and mentoring to support staff development.
We offer a complete benefits package including:
Vacation, personal leave, holidays, sick leave
- 3 weeks of vacation annually
- 25 hours of personal time off annually
- 10 paid holidays annually
- Sick leave accrued at 3.3230 hours per pay period
- approximately 7 hours sick leave per month for full time employees
- maximum accrued sick leave of 432 hours
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability agency paid
401(k) plan with up to a 6% match
Employees can contribute immediately. After 1 year of employment, the agency will contribute between 3 and 6 percent, dependent on the employee's contribution.
- 90% premiums covered for individual coverage
- 75% premiums covered for additional coverage needed
- $3,750 deductible reimbursement for individuals and up to $6,500 reimbursed for family deductibles
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts for both Health and Dependent Care
- Single $34.92 per month
- Family $103.04 per month
- Employee Assistance Program - fully paid
- Basic Life Insurance - fully paid (plus additional group coverage amounts)
- Flexible work schedule with generous accommodations for family, school, and volunteer commitments
- Opportunities for continuing education, conferences, and classes
- Employees have access to our Discount Marketplace
- WDEOC is a qualified employer under the federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program.
The application is open until filled. To apply for this position:
Western Dairyland Child Care Partnership is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We promote excellence through diversity and encourage all qualified individuals to apply.