Head Start Teacher - Black River Falls
Department: Head Start
Location: Black River Falls
Starting Wage: $23.85 to $25.00
The Western Dairyland Head Start program is hiring a full-time Teacher to work at our Black River Falls Head Start Center located at 905 Alder Street Black River Falls, WI.
Head Start promotes school readiness of children under the age of five from income-eligible families by supporting their growth and development in a positive learning environment through comprehensive services, which include early learning, health, and family well-being. We're a mission-driven organization making a positive impact in our community since 1966.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelors’ degree in Early Childhood Education or a closely related field and a DPI-issued teacher’s license or be willing to obtain an emergency license for 4-K. This is a full-time position working 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday. The starting wage is $23.85 to $25.00 depending on qualifications.
We offer a complete benefits package including:
Vacation, personal leave, holidays, sick leave
- Summers off
- 64 hours of vacation during the school year
- 20 hours of personal time off
- 8 paid holidays during the school year
- Sick leave accrued at 0.04615 hours per hour worked
- approximately 8 hours sick leave per month for full time employees
- maximum accrued sick leave of 480 hours
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability agency paid
401(k) plan with up to a 6% match
Employees can contribute immediately. After 1 year of employment, the agency will contribute between 3 and 6 percent, dependent on the employee's contribution.
- 90% premiums covered for individual coverage
- 75% premiums covered for additional coverage needed
- $3,750 deductible reimbursement for individuals and up to $6,500 reimbursed for family deductibles
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts for both Health and Dependent Care
- Single $34.92 per month
- Family $103.04 per month
- Employee Assistance Program - fully paid
- Basic Life Insurance - fully paid (plus additional group coverage amounts)
- Flexible work schedule with generous accommodations for family, school, and volunteer commitments
- Opportunities for continuing education, conferences, and classes
- Employees have access to our Discount Marketplace
- WDEOC is a qualified employer under the federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program.
Complete an online application at wdHeadStart.org/jobs
Send a cover letter and resume to Jeremiah Segerstrom at Jeremiah.firstname.lastname@example.org or Jennifer Olson at Jennifer.email@example.com
This position is open until filled.
Minorities are strongly encouraged to apply. This agency is an equal opportunity employer.