Department: Chippewa Fresh Start YouthBuild
Location: Eau Claire
Due to a recent program expansion at our Eau Claire office, we’re hiring a full time Teacher/Transition Coordinator to work with at-risk young adults ages 17-24.
In our Chippewa Fresh Start YouthBuild program, we provide education, employment skills and career direction for at-risk young adults by involving them in the construction of a new house. In addition to this hands-on learning experience, we offer classroom instruction, counseling, and job search assistance. The most important goals of the program are to build self-esteem and help young adults become self-sufficient.
The primary duties of the Teacher/Transition Coordinator are:
• Overseeing the educational/academic component and assisting young adults as they complete classes leading to a high school diploma, HSED or GED.
• Youth leadership development, implementing Blueprint for Democracy curriculum, and community service-learning components.
• Meet monthly with program participants to assess Individualized Service Strategy goal progress.
• Use EMPath mobility mentoring model to assist youth goal attainment.
• Work with potential employers to facilitate student job shadowing, youth placement into employment, apprenticeships and post-secondary school.
• Responsible for overall program retention, data documentation, transition and follow-up services.
• Regular follow-up with participants after they leave the program
• Become familiar with the Chippewa Fresh Start grant proposal and work collaboratively to carry out all grant proposal activities.
The standard schedule is 10 hour days, Monday through Thursday. Applicants should have:
• BS/BA in education or a related field
• 3 years of experience working with at-risk young adults
• Experience providing career guidance
• Valid driver’s license
The starting salary is $35,000 based on experience, plus a complete benefit package including health and life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and sick leave. Western Dairyland is a qualified employer under the federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program.
To apply for the Teacher/Transition Coordinator position:
1. Complete an affirmative action form online at www.WesternDairyland.org/aa_form.phtml
2. Send a cover letter and resume to Katie Hulbert at email@example.com.
The application deadline is March 22, 2019. This agency is an equal opportunity provider and employer.