Economic Enhancement Coordinator
Department: Housing & Family Services
Location: Independence, WI
Shift: Monday - Friday (8 am - 4:30 pm)
Starting Wage: $17.32
WDEOC is a non-profit Community Action Agency dedicated to alleviating poverty-related conditions in western Wisconsin. Founded in 1966, we operate more than 20 unique programs for low-income families and individuals, including:
- Head Start & Early Head Start
- Homeless Services (Housing First, Homeless Shelters, Rapid Rehousing)
- Child Care Partnership (Resource & Referral, YoungStar, Food Program)
- WHEAP Energy Assistance
- Weatherization & Home Rehab
- Fresh Start (Youth Development)
- Business Development (Women's Business Center)
- RSVP Volunteer Program (Volunteer Caregivers, Birthday Boxes, Weekend Food 4 Kids & much more!)
- Transportation Programs (Work-n-Wheels, Paratransit Certification)
Western Dairyland is hiring an Economic Enhancement Coordinator for our Skills Enhancement, Work-n-Wheels, and Down Payment Assistance Programs. These programs work with income eligible families and individuals in providing them with the assistance to attend post-secondary school, have transportation to and from employment and assist with down payments when purchasing a new home.
Applicants must have strong communications skills, customer service skills, be detailed oriented, comfortable working with low-income families and individuals, comfortable working with the public and referral source. Job responsibilities include but not limited to; case management, eligibility determination, outreach, recruitment, collaboration with program partners, knowledge of post-secondary institutions, developing career plans, working with participants who have fallen behind on their loans, database entry, and grant reporting.
Applicants must be familiar with Microsoft Office 365 and have had prior experience in database entry. Bachelor’s degree in social work, Human Services, Economics, or related field preferred or at least five years’ working with low-income clients required. Previous experience working with individuals and programs in a case management capacity is preferred. Knowledge of community resources relating to transportation, post-secondary education, and lending.
The starting wage for this position is $17.32 an hour and may be negotiated based on experience. This is a full-time position, based in Independence, WI.
We offer a complete benefit package, including:
- Health, dental and life insurance
- 401(k) plan with up to a 6% match (employee contributes 3%, WDEOC contributes 6% for a 9% total)
- Vacation (starting at two weeks; increasing to 6 weeks max)
- Personal leave (28 hours annually)
- Paid holidays (9 days each year)
- Sick leave (8 hours earned per month)
- Flexible work schedule with generous accommodations for family, school, and volunteer commitments
- Opportunities for continuing education, conferences, and classes
- WDEOC is a qualified employer under the federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program.
This agency is an equal opportunity employer. WDEOC provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type: race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We pride ourselves on maintaining an inclusive and family-friendly work environment. Learn more about our organization at www.westerndairyland.org.
Licenses, Certifications, Authorizations Required
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must have an insured vehicle
- Must meet Western Dairyland’s insurability requirements
The position will remain open until filled. To apply for this position: