WERA Rental Assistance
Wisconsin Emergency Rental Assistance (WERA) offers financial assistance to households for rent, energy or utility bills, and other housing costs dating back to the start of the pandemic. If you experienced income loss or financial hardship during the COVID-19 pandemic, you may be eligible for WERA.
1. Applicants must have income loss or financial hardship during the COVID-19 pandemic.
2. Applicants must be unable to pay their rent, behind on rent, or have an eviction notice.
3. Applicants must have a current 2022/2023 Wisconsin Home Energy Assistance Program (WHEAP) application completed, even in cases where energy assistance is not needed. Apply for WHEAP here.
4. Applicants must be an adult Wisconsin resident with a household income at or below 80% of the county median income in the month of or prior to the application date. View the income guidelines here.
5. Western Dairyland EOC will administer this program in Eau Claire, Buffalo, Trempealeau, Jackson and Clark counties. If you live in a different county, find your local Community Action Agency here.
Apply for Rental Assistance
Option 1: If you have an eviction notice, email the notice to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not have access to email, please call 715-836-7511.
Option 2: If you have a signed lease and need a security deposit, email the lease to email@example.com.
Option 3: If you do not have an eviction notice and you do not need a security deposit, apply online with Energy Services Inc. Please note: these online applications are not processed by Western Dairyland and we will be unable to answer any questions.