PATH Outreach Worker
Department: Housing & Family Services
Location: Eau Claire, WI
Starting Wage: $18.34
Do you want to make a difference? At Western Dairyland E.O.C. Inc., we believe that life is too short to be stuck in a job you don’t like. One that doesn’t provide satisfaction. One that doesn’t allow you to make a difference in the lives of others.
We currently have an opening for a full-time PATH (Projects for Assistance in Transition from Homelessness) Outreach Worker through our Housing & Family Services Department. The PATH Outreach Worker will work as part of a tight-knit team, providing case management and outreach activities in our communities where people are experiencing homelessness. The starting wage for this position is $18.34 per hour. This position will have a varied work schedule to accommodate the needs of those on the streets.
A successful candidate will be able to:
- Develop trust and relationships with both the homeless population and homeless service providers in the community,
- Create a comprehensive service plan with participants and provide appropriate interventions,
- Assist individuals in accessing mainstream benefits including food stamps, SSI/SSDI, and health insurance,
- Help participants identify safe support systems,
- Work with individuals to develop social skills,
- Be a highly motivated self-starter, can prioritize tasks, and manage a complex array of needs,
- Work with participants to establish housing goals, and
- Provide advocacy to people with mental health/substance abuse issues in receiving needed services.
A successful applicant should have:
- An understanding of all areas related to homelessness, substance abuse, and mental health,
- SOAR (SSI/SSDI Outreach, Access, and Recovery) training, or the willingness to complete the training,
- Experience in problem-solving skills, communication and conflict resolution skills,
- An understanding of community resources,
- Passion and motivation for helping the homeless population,
- Experience with Microsoft Office is helpful,
- A bachelor’s degree in social work, human services, counseling, or a related field is preferred,
- Transportation and the ability to travel throughout our service area,
The application is open until filled. To apply for this position:
Minorities are strongly encouraged to apply. This agency is an equal opportunity employer.