WDEOC is a non-profit Community Action Agency working to alleviate poverty-related conditions in western Wisconsin. Founded in 1966, we operate more than 20 unique programs for low-income families and individuals, including:
- Head Start & Early Head Start
- Homeless Services (Housing First, Homeless Shelters, Rapid Rehousing)
- Child Care Partnership (Resource & Referral, YoungStar, Food Program)
- WHEAP Energy Assistance
- Weatherization & Home Rehab
- Fresh Start (Youth Development)
- Business Development (Women's Business Center)
- RSVP Volunteer Program (Volunteer Caregivers, Birthday Boxes, Weekend Food 4 Kids)
Due to an upcoming retirement, we’re hiring a Finance Director to provide overall direction and leadership in managing the affairs of a complex organization with diverse programming and 140+ employees. As a member of the senior administrative team, the Finance Director is responsible for the financial administration of the agency and:
- Ensures compliance in coordination with generally accepted accounting principles
- Provides accurate and timely financial information to Program Directors and the Board of Directors
- Reports accurately to state, federal and private funding sources
- Provides financial budgeting for the agency
- Properly executes agency financial transactions
- Supervises the finance department staff (5 people)
This position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in accounting and a CPA is preferred. Applicants should have a strong working knowledge of fund accounting and grant reporting, with at least four years of experience in accounting with two years in a non-profit or governmental setting.
This position is based out of our main office in Independence, WI, and requires regular visits to our office in Eau Claire. The yearly salary is approximately $60,000 to $75,000 based on experience. We offer a complete benefit package including health, dental and life insurance, 401(k) plan with up to a 6% match, paid time off and sick leave. We are a qualified employer under the federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program.
Learn more about our organization at wdeoc.org.
To apply for this position:
The application deadline is Friday, December 14th, 2018. This agency is an equal opportunity employer. WDEOC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.