Housing Navigator for Homeless Services
Department: Homeless Services
Location: Eau Claire
Western Dairyland EOC Inc. is a non-profit Community Action Agency working to alleviate poverty-related conditions in West Central Wisconsin. We are hiring a Housing Navigator to serve as the main point of contact for homeless individuals and families in Eau Claire.
The Housing Navigator is responsible for conducting in-depth assessments of needs and barriers of homeless individuals and families and connecting them to a housing program operated by Western Dairyland, Family Promise of the Chippewa Valley, or other partner agencies. The Navigator is responsible for collecting all documentation needed for clients to be placed into housing and ensure that clients waiting for housing services remain engaged and available for when an opening is available. The Housing Navigator will also help confirm eligibility for particular programs, manage the Coordinated Entry Prioritization Lists, and will be in charge of follow up — including ensuring the referral to the housing program is completed successfully.
Applicants should have the following:
- excellent customer service skills,
- effective communication skills and the ability to deal with a difficult population,
- the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment,
- be adept at using Microsoft office programs, and be able to learn industry-specific software such as Service Point,
- have basic knowledge of homeless services,
- have the ability to work independently and as part of a team,
- ability to network and develop relationships with other agencies,
- have excellent organizational skills, and
- be committed to ending homelessness.
This is a full-time position located in downtown Eau Claire, WI. Starting wages are $15.57 per hour. Benefits include health and dental insurance, vacation, holidays, sick leave, and 401(k) contributions.
To apply for this position:
1. Complete an Affirmative Action form on our website
2. Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The application deadline is Friday, March 2nd. Minorities are strongly encouraged to apply. This agency is an equal opportunity employer.